The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

rear bumper wings and front l350 carb

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 am

If anyone has these 2 items would love to talk and purchase any help would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Arnie1964
CCC Member
CCC Member

"Badass" Poly 318!

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:39 am

Blade just so you know asking someone to sell their bumper wings is close to asking them to sell their children. Hee! Hee!

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:49 am

Arnie1964 wrote:
Blade just so you know asking someone to sell their bumper wings is close to asking them to sell their children. Hee! Hee!

Thats right Jim! LOL. I wish I had a spare set of Rear's, they would be "Blade's" I have a set of front's that are for sale.
Back to top Go down
alumcantandthd
CCC Member
CCC Member

Official Forum Goofball!

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:25 pm

I have a pr of fronts and one rear all chromed and shiney. Long story how I helped a guy out and he rechromed them for me.

I would regret selling or trading them,,,,,,, you know, just in case a wingless '58 'falls into my lap'.

I can understand the flustrations of people looking/wanting a set of wings, and here a bunch of people like me, don't even have any '57's or 8's to put 'em on, and won't sell 'em.

There is a guy up in PA that has a NOS REAR bumper guard to '61 Dodge, doesn't have any '61 Dodges, no plans to buy one, but won't sell,,,,,,,,, because of that,,, 'just in case'
Back to top Go down
alumcantandthd
CCC Member
CCC Member

Official Forum Goofball!

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Oh nuts! Forgot. About a hundred and sixty some odd years ago, I found in one of the trash barrells up at Carlisle, several Carter 4-bbls.

Two of 'em was the rear carb to a 300-H, and another was the front carb to a GC 350. I forget what the rest of them went to. I gave one of the H carbs to a guy named Steve Hobby, I think I still have the othern' (there's something still up there in the garage wrapped up)

The front GC carb, along with a oddball GC rear I had, went with the Belvy convt package when I sold out several yeara ago

See, I went to all the big car shows, gathering up cans and left over parts.

That is where the 'alumcan' part of my email addy is from. Mashing all those cans over the years. I saved and didn't sell for around 7-8 years. Price of junk went up in the mid '90's, I cashed in. 2 and a 1/4 tons of cans. I got $10.4K and paid $10.5 for my Harley! So I guess one can say I bought a Harley with cans.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:24 pm

You ol' dumpster diver!

I do the exact same thing after the swap meet is over, in fact after selling at Turlock over 20 years, other vendors come up to me with boxes of parts they are tired of bringing, I take the good with the bad, I figure I can sort them out once home, and the junk goes to the scrap bin.

M'lisa always laughs when I come home from a swap meet with more than I took, Last year a vendor retired and sold me his hubcaps for a dollar each- only problem was, there were 500!

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

Official Forum Goofball!

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:23 pm

The two biggest items I 'found' at Carlisle, was a C-5 (?) Corvette hood, the corner was busted, and a '58 DeS 4-HT. Guy sold the radio, hubcaps, and something else, then left it.

I alwayse went with my trailer to these shows. The trunk lock was missing and no one knew how to stick ones finger in the hole to push the trunk lock. I opened it up and inside was a nice COMPLETE jack assembly and sapre tire lid. Oh and a crumpled up dollar bill. New bill, wasn't a silver certificate, like I hoped it would be.

The following year at Corvertte Carlisle I took that hood back, had it tied on the trailer. One is NOT allowed to have ANY forsale/wanted signs on in vehicles parked in the parking lot. ONLY the swapmeet and car corral. I took a magic marker I found and scribbled a big '?' on the hood. Comming back with a bag of cans much later, I saw the hood was missing and my tiedowns were neatly wrapped on on the step bumper. Under them was an envelope with a hundred dollar bill in it!

The MoPar Nats out in Ohio, I could, in one da,y gather up enough cans to littlerly be falling out trying topush 'em in to close the camper top lid filled solid! To do that much at Carlisle, took the entire weekend. But i would find more leftover parts at Carlisle! I scored a bunch of left over ALUMINUM flathead Ford intakes. I still have several '68 Corvette sill plates I found but never sold or scrapped. I did find a leftover NOS '70 something Aspen fender out there (Mopar Nats). Went well with the NOS mate I found at Carlisle. Sold 'em in our freebie paper for a couple hundred dollars! I still have two NOS fenders I got at Carlisle. One is a mis 70's Cornette, the other MoPar fender I haven't been able to ID. The number on the back doesn't come up with anything. It's longer than a '70's NYer fender, but shorter than a '60-'70's Imperial fender. The place where the wheel lip moulding and the Penstar emblem goes is 'frenched' in. I have looked and looked, but have NEVER seen a 'frenched' Penstar emblem!

The pure junk, unless it was heavy like a motor block, heads, brake rotors/drums, I left.

Yes, one can find many 'treasures' abandonded at the car shows. Most want to leave to beat the traffic Sunday at noon. Hang around after most leave, good pickins.
Back to top Go down
lewisfin
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:38 am

evilplymouth states he has front bumper wings . Do you still have them? I am interested in them. Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://mwmcr.com

PostSubject: Re: rear bumper wings and front l350 carb   Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:17 am

lewisfin wrote:
evilplymouth states he has front bumper wings . Do you still have them? I am interested in them. Thanks

Hi, yes I have an original set of front BumperWing's and Bumper off a Fury. all original. The cost is $2,000. plus shipping. Bumper wings and the correct Bumer are extremely rare and hard to find. Good Luck and Thanks, Joe
Back to top Go down

rear bumper wings and front l350 carb

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: For Sale/Wanted Section :: Wanted:-