The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.   Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi everyone, I am brand new to the club! I have a 58 savoy sedan that I love but am considering changing the original white sportone to the belvedere swoop sportone foubd on other 4 door cars. I bought this car because like you I am christine fan. Is it hard to do... worthwhile? Looking for some input. Car runs and looks good as it is but looking to make it more like the book clone. Thanks Joe
Back to top Go down
58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member

Big Block 440 One Bad azz Machine

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Jo0e car looks great the way it is , but if you want to change the sportone , They are several people on here has done it. They will be contacting you and telling you. That is what makes this a club anybody could be proud of. We are here to help you. Welcome to our club Joe. we have a few Joe's in the club. Smile

"THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Welcome, Joe!

There are diagrams of where to drill the mounting holes for the sportone trim right on this site. Of course you will have to weld up the Savoy trim holes before painting.

The major drawback to doing this is the price of the Sportone trim, it can get very expensive to buy, unless you get lucky and find it in a salvage yard.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

Big Block 440 One Bad azz Machine

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.   Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Plus the stainless, Im sure John ment that in with the sportone. Smile

"THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.   Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:38 pm

the hardest part will be having to fill in the holes from the savoy trim its not like these new cars where everything is put on with 2 sided tape and you can just clean the glue off

CCC Member

Many Big and Small Blocks

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:08 pm

if you're still into doing this conversion... i have 2 or more sets of 4dr trim last time i checked. aside from finding factory inserts or using the canadian diamond pattern inserts that may not be available in 4dr, i offer the only alternative with my mylar inserts- most christines out there have my repro inserts over the factory ones, as originals are #1 hard to find, #2 usually damaged, and #3 overpriced with 97% of sellers... my inserts stay brilliant, wont dent, and are fuel resistant. PM if interested. limited supply left- sold over 150 sets worldwide and down to the last of my production run. mopar mel and another purchased my inserts and resold them at over double the purchase price, so don't get fooled if someone else trys to push mylar inserts for more than $350 a set in plymouth 2 or 4 dr pattern.

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on changing the savoy sportone side trim to belvedere sportone swoop.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Members Rides, Restorations & Pictures :: Members Rides :: 1957-58 Plymouth-