» The Depth of His Love
Removing frame EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Removing frame EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Removing frame EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Removing frame EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Removing frame EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Removing frame EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Christine Car Club Tech Section » Body, Interior & Exterior Trim & Paint: » Removing frame

Removing frame

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Removing frame Empty Removing frame on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:26 am

MoparJoe

MoparJoe
CCC Member
CCC Member
hey everyone, well i posted in the old forum but as we know its out of action, at least for now anyway, i just want to know whats the best way of lifting the frame off the chassis? should i jack it up, or should i run some straps around it and lift it with a engine hoist? Any other ideas? Thanks, Joe.

2Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:21 am

Arnie1964

Arnie1964
CCC Member
CCC Member
Joe. I am going to brace the inside of my body a little before I try to lift it off the frame. The rust and age have weakened it and I don't want to twist it in any way. I plan to lift my body off with a four point carlift If I did not have a lift I would Jack her up and roll the frame out from under her. I am building a rotisserie so I will mount the body on that.

3Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Big M

Big M
Administrator
Administrator
I use a forklift and trucker's tie down straps to raise the bodies off. Definitely brace the body by using square tubing or c-channel to fit where the doors were. 4 grown men can lift the body off, but to prevent back injury, it is better to use a hydraulic hoist.

---John

4Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:56 pm

The other way is to jack the body up slightly or have a couple guys lift front then back and you place a 4X4 between the body and frame. Once thats done, floor jacks until the rear hump clears the 4x4 then roll the frame out.

5Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:23 am

MoparJoe

MoparJoe
CCC Member
CCC Member
EvilPlymouth wrote:The other way is to jack the body up slightly or have a couple guys lift front then back and you place a 4X4 between the body and frame. Once thats done, floor jacks until the rear hump clears the 4x4 then roll the frame out.
i like the sound of that, what about putting the doors back on for strenght, instead of making braces to stop the body from flexing?

6Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:25 am

MoparJoe

MoparJoe
CCC Member
CCC Member
Arnie1964 wrote:Joe. I am going to brace the inside of my body a little before I try to lift it off the frame. The rust and age have weakened it and I don't want to twist it in any way. I plan to lift my body off with a four point carlift If I did not have a lift I would Jack her up and roll the frame out from under her. I am building a rotisserie so I will mount the body on that.
i would love a rotisserie

7Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:23 am

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
moparjoe wrote:
Arnie1964 wrote:Joe. I am going to brace the inside of my body a little before I try to lift it off the frame. The rust and age have weakened it and I don't want to twist it in any way. I plan to lift my body off with a four point carlift If I did not have a lift I would Jack her up and roll the frame out from under her. I am building a rotisserie so I will mount the body on that.
I have a rotisserie!!!!!!!!!! I cook my chickens on it Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

8Removing frame Empty Re: Removing frame on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

MoparJoe

MoparJoe
CCC Member
CCC Member
58plym wrote:
moparjoe wrote:
I have a rotisserie!!!!!!!!!! I cook my chickens on it Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
can we modify it to fit on a plymouth? lol

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum