» The Depth of His Love
PURSUED BY GOD EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
PURSUED BY GOD EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
PURSUED BY GOD EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
PURSUED BY GOD EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
PURSUED BY GOD EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
PURSUED BY GOD EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Non Automotive Off Topic Section » CCC Fellowship In Christ » PURSUED BY GOD

PURSUED BY GOD

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PURSUED BY GOD Empty PURSUED BY GOD on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:10 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. PSALM 23:6

Winning my wife's heart was not easy. I sang to her, wrote letters to her, brought her candy on difficult days. But the main obstacle to winning her over was my own scattered brain. Since I am quite forgetful and inconsistent, there were periods of time where I simply forgot to pursue her. I had good intentions, but did not have the discipline to fulfill them.
Israel's pursuit of God also had only been intermittent. Even though they promised many times to keep the law and follow Him, they more often failed. Joshua told the people, "You are not able to serve the Lord." But Israel thought they could, "No! We will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:21). How I understand their heartfelt but imperfect intentions because I am the same way!
Even though Israel chased after other gods, the Lord sought them. "Other gods" in our modern day of age can be a bigger home, better job, a new car, a newer bigger boat etc. etc. Anything can become your idol when it takes precedence over God in your heart. In God's covenant with His people, He commits again and again to love them. Therefore, along with David we can also say, "Surely goodness and love will follow [or pursue] me all the days of my life." God pursues us even when we forget Him.

INSIGHT: OUR RECORD IS NOT GOOD. BUT JESUS' DEATH AND RESURRECTION PROMISES US THAT HE WILL REMAIN PERFECTLY FAITHFUL.

Dear Father, I am guilty just as Israel was of being "intermittent" in my faithfulness to you. Thankyou for your unending mercy, grace and patience with me. Help me to be more consistent in my love and devotion to You. Thank you for Jesus' death and sacrifice on the cross so that I can be forgiven and live in eternity with You. In Jesus' Name I pray Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum