» The Depth of His Love
HIDDEN TREASURE EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
HIDDEN TREASURE EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
HIDDEN TREASURE EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
HIDDEN TREASURE EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
HIDDEN TREASURE EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
HIDDEN TREASURE EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Non Automotive Off Topic Section » CCC Fellowship In Christ » HIDDEN TREASURE

HIDDEN TREASURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HIDDEN TREASURE Empty HIDDEN TREASURE on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. MATTHEW 13:44

In 1715 a Spanish treasure fleet sunk in a hurricane off the east coast of Florida. Salvagers began recovering the precious cargo in 1961, and the area soon became known as the Treasure Coast. Despite great danger, commercial divers still seek plunder from this fleet as well as from other ships lost through the centuries. To them, the value is worth the risk.

When we think of valuable objects, our thoughts may turn to precious metals, gems, and other items prized by our culture. But Jesus compared a restored relationship with God to a prized treasure. Those who realize the value of this relationship are willing to give up all else to obtain it.

This does not mean we purchase our salvation. It has already been bought for us and is freely offered. But it did not come cheap. It cost God the life of His Son to reconcile us to Him. If we recognize the worth of this treasure, we will eagerly give up anything that may interfere with our relationship with Him. No other prize could be of greater value.

INSIGHT: WHAT IS IMPEDING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD? RELEASE IT TODAY AND ENJOY A GREATER INTIMACY WITH YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER THROUGH HIS SON, JESUS. HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH THAT HE WILLINGLY GAVE UP HIS LIFE ON THE CROSS FOR YOU.

Dear Father God, Please draw me closer to You. Please put an intense desire in my heart to develop a relationship with You. Show me my sinful ways and make me realize that I need to be saved...by the shed blood of Your Son Jesus on the cross at Calvary. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum