» The Depth of His Love
BRIDGING THE GAP EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
BRIDGING THE GAP EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
BRIDGING THE GAP EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
BRIDGING THE GAP EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
BRIDGING THE GAP EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
BRIDGING THE GAP EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Non Automotive Off Topic Section » CCC Fellowship In Christ » BRIDGING THE GAP

BRIDGING THE GAP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BRIDGING THE GAP Empty BRIDGING THE GAP on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. EPHESIANS 4:32

Have you ever referred to a gift of food as a "peace offering"? Relationships are fragile things. Betrayals, misunderstandings, words spoken in anger do damage. Fear of rejection and repeated pain cause our repentant hearts to pull back even further, and the initial mess keeps getting messier!

If you're a child of God in this situation, the healing must begin with you. Forgiveness for sin against a holy God was extended to us through Jesus' death on the cross. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. John 3:17. That fact should compel us to seek peace with those we've hurt...and with those who've hurt us.

Hospitality is so often a catalyst for mending broken relationships: handing a plate of cookies across the fence to the neighbor who offended, inviting the couple with whom you've quarreled to come for coffee or a meal, a loaf of banana bread and note of apology to an estranged co-worker...these are simple instruments that foster healing, but they become powerful in God's hands. Trust Him to use your creative acts of kindness to accomplish it!

INSIGHT: DARKNESS CANNOT DRIVE OUT DARKNESS; ONLY LIGHT CAN DO THAT. HATE CANNOT DRIVE OUT HATE; ONLY LOVE CAN DO THAT." (MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.)

Dear Lord, Put it in my heart to always be willing to take that first step to mend that broken or strained relationship in my life...no matter what the cost. Always for the sake of Jesus Christ my Savior...in His name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

2BRIDGING THE GAP Empty Re: BRIDGING THE GAP on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:55 pm

JAG

JAG
Administrator
Administrator
AMEN Bob very well said, and it applies to what we were talking about today Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum