» The Depth of His Love
Not by Works EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Not by Works EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Not by Works EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Not by Works EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Not by Works EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Not by Works EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Non Automotive Off Topic Section » CCC Fellowship In Christ » Not by Works

Not by Works

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not by Works Empty Not by Works on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:40 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Years ago when I was out on a night of visitation, I spoke to a woman in a local nursing home. As we talked and enjoyed our conversation, she looked at me imploringly and said, “I’ve been a member of my church for years. I’ve taught Sunday School, and led women’s Bible study. I’ve attended church regularly and given money liberally. I’ve tried to be kind to everyone. Have I done enough to go to heaven?” There was such anguish in her eyes it was frightening. However, I had but one answer, and she reacted to it with shock. I said lovingly, “No, you haven’t done enough, and if you lived to be 100 you never could. Jesus saves us by His grace—not because of what we can do for Him. Do you trust in Jesus for your salvation based on His grace alone?” Her response was uncertain, so we prayed together. I left, but continued to pray for her. Just before she died I was blessed to be able to talk to her again, where she joyfully exclaimed, “Now I know I’ll go to heaven. I told the Lord I trusted Him alone to save me. Jesus has given me peace. I’m ready to die.”

Insight: Jesus calls you to enjoy the peace He gives when you go to Him empty-handed and accept His grace. He will welcome you with great joy!

Dear God, Help me to understand that if I place my faith in Jesus' death on the cross as payment for my sins, I can be saved by grace...and grace alone. Grace is getting what I don't deserve; and this is the gift of salvation found only through Jesus Christ. I thank you for this amazing gift. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

2Not by Works Empty Re: Not by Works on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:08 pm

Bloodhound1958

Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Can't thank you enough for this clarification Bob. Kind of forces you to contemplate the shear power of Christ's death. When you think about it you realize that there is no sin that Christ's death can not absolve you of. How could there be? Smile

https://www.christinecarclubforum.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum