» The Depth of His Love
Wind lace replacement  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Wind lace replacement  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Wind lace replacement  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Wind lace replacement  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wind lace replacement  EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Wind lace replacement  EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Christine Car Club Tech Section » Body, Interior & Exterior Trim & Paint: » Wind lace replacement

Wind lace replacement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wind lace replacement  Empty Wind lace replacement on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:23 pm

57belv

57belv
Administrator
Administrator
I have a question I'm almost afraid to ask but, in order to replace the A-pillar wind lace do you have to take the dash out? Please tell me I'm imagining things.

2Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:27 pm

JAG

JAG
Administrator
Administrator
i would sure hope not but i am not certain

3Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:19 am

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
Hmmm...now that you mention it Chris. I do remember the little teeth that hold the wind-lace (in place) were sort of buried behind the left/right extremes of the dash. I guess unless you can remove the wind-lace without removing the dash and then slide the new wind-lace in place...the dash will have to come out?! Let's see if Wayne or John can chime in here...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

4Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:06 pm

57belv

57belv
Administrator
Administrator
I'm not feeling encouraged.

5Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 am

57belv

57belv
Administrator
Administrator
Maybe I can lift the dash just enough to clear the windlace . I read another guys post about his 59 plymouth and how he had to move his dash slightly. Does anyone know where to get the retainer clips?

6Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:05 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
Clips? My DeSoto has the little teeth and I thought my 57 Belvy did too. I'm surprised Big M, Jag or Bloodhound hasn't chimed in here Chris...Keep bumping this thread up to the top...whatever it takes till they do! Laughing

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

7Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:51 pm

JAG

JAG
Administrator
Administrator
the wind lace on my car was disintegrated, i am not sure if Wayne has got to this point of his car yet but i am sure he would know, John also, they must not have seen it yet to chime in

8Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:29 pm

58cunningham

58cunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member
Yes, remove the dash!

9Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:27 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
58cunningham wrote:Yes, remove the dash!

Doh!...(that's for Chris)

10Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:25 am

57belv

57belv
Administrator
Administrator
furvedere wrote:
58cunningham wrote:Yes, remove the dash!

Doh!...(that's for Chris)

Thanks Bob for the preemptive Doh! Very Happy There are these little metal push through clips holding the windlace on, I'll have to take a photomograph and post it.

11Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:00 am

Big M

Big M
Administrator
Administrator
Seems to me, you can remove both bolts at either end of the dash [lower] and the ones that hold the steering column up, and it'll give you enough wiggle room to get the windlace installed.

12Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 am

57belv

57belv
Administrator
Administrator
Big M wrote:Seems to me, you can remove both bolts at either end of the dash [lower] and the ones that hold the steering column up, and it'll give you enough wiggle room to get the windlace installed.
Boy I sure hope so John cause I really don't want to take the dash out just for windlace.

13Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Andy1974

Andy1974
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator
Why taking out the dash? I think the windlace is just clamped and glued in place.

Wind lace replacement  8613854925_674fafa14b_c

14Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:16 pm

57belv

57belv
Administrator
Administrator
The original is held on with little metal T pins.Wind lace replacement  HPIM0749_zps25011ad9
Wind lace replacement  HPIM0750_zps1a598d02

15Wind lace replacement  Empty Re: Wind lace replacement on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:29 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
Yes...now I remember. my DeSoto has the same...Thanks for posting photos Chris...

Bob

PS....You know Chris...now that  I think about it....the wind lace was not secured very well near/at the dash area on my old Belvedere. And I remember scraping at/off unsightly glue with my fingernails. Now I know why. The installer did not want to remove/mess with the dash.

Laughing This is one of those things that makes you go hhhmmmmmmm. Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum