The Christine Car Club

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

Latest topics
» Good Friday
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyYesterday at 10:13 am by Bloodhound1958

» 1958 Plymouth Belvedere Door weatherstrip
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 pm by furvedere

» Christine Art
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 2:46 am by Christinefan824

» Scanned Plymouth materials
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 am by Christinefan824

» The Depth of His Love
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Christine Car Club Tech Section » Body, Interior & Exterior Trim & Paint: » So my front door won't open with either handle. Do I ...

So my front door won't open with either handle. Do I ...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

58belvedere

58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member
Do I remove the seat, door panel etc. Or is there a trick to get it open! The passenger side opens from the inside only, right rear opens as normal. Thank you, Marc.

JAG

JAG
Administrator
Administrator
hmmm, i am thinking that door panel will have to come off

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
JAG wrote:hmmm, i am thinking that door panel will have to come off

Yeah...but can you get the door panel off without opening the door? Can you roll the window down and poke a coat hanger down in there and grab/push something that's stuck? Spray penetrating oil down in there while your at it?

Bob

PS...I'm sure you already know this...but I have forgotten about it in the past. The doors lock by pushing the inside handle forward. Maybe that's the mechanism that's stuck/broken/needs lube.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
How did you make out Marc...get any of the doors open yet?

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

58belvedere

58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member
I haven't messed with it yet. Been working on the ignition system and got rid of the spiders, mices feces and stuffing pieces. Cleaned the seats and door panels etc. Points and all came in yesterday. Gonna work that soon. Been working long days lately. Marc.

Big M

Big M
Administrator
Administrator
Maaannn, those spiders were supposed to be your new pets, Marc! LOL!

Seriously, hope not too many black widows.

---John

58belvedere

58belvedere
CCC Member
CCC Member
Just a few 'widders. hand me the saws all!

So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... 57plyfrombigMs5_zpse6myq5ru

So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... 1958plymouthpickupcutandpastred1_0010_zpszrrvri6v

So my front door won't open with either handle.  Do I ... 1958plypickupcutandpastred1_0001_zps3286b7d3

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum