» The Depth of His Love
Door Panel Upholstery EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Door Panel Upholstery EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Door Panel Upholstery EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Door Panel Upholstery EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Door Panel Upholstery EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Door Panel Upholstery EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Christine Car Club Tech Section » Body, Interior & Exterior Trim & Paint: » Door Panel Upholstery

Door Panel Upholstery

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Door Panel Upholstery Empty Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 am

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
Door panels are a lot easier then seats. This is how I did mine but please don't think the design is correct for any car because it is not. It's just what I came up with to match my seats and the trim I bought to go on them.

This is the parts that were with the car and a lot of help in making the new ones.

Photobucket

You can make a pattern for the hard board from the door or old panels and cut the holes for the clips and handels before covering them.

I made the pleats the same way that I did on the seats then sewed the fabric and vinyl together and stapled and glued it in place.

Photobucket

I sewed a wide piece of the vinyl first along the sides and across the lower edge and a second piece across the top. A nail strip was added and the top strip is folded back down over it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The side and lower edges are wrapped around to the back and finishes the sides of nicely. Now you can cut out the areas for the handles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The scrim foam padding makes it look soft and cozy. If any part of this isn't clear I will try harder to explain it. Smile

2Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 am

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
This is the carpet. I ordered it and some extra yardage for the doors at the same time so it would all come from the same die lot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tacked it to the wall so it would stay nice tell the day comes for it to get installed in my Christine.Photobucket

3Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 am

cdasho

cdasho
CCC Member
CCC Member
WOW!!! I can barley sew on a button. Thats very nice work your doing there. Keep it up. Cant wait to see the finished car...

4Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:57 am

ChristineFury

ChristineFury
CCC Member
CCC Member
Awesome.

5Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Ben

Ben
CCC Member
CCC Member
Great work!!!

I'm German... but that doesn't mean I'm just another face in the kraut!  Laughing

Hard work beats talent if talent fails to work hard!

At least I'm honest.

"They say if you love someone, you gotta let them go...
and if they return to you, that's clearly how you'll know"

6Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
cdasho wrote:WOW!!! I can barley sew on a button. Thats very nice work your doing there. Keep it up. Cant wait to see the finished car...

Thanks so much. I can't wait to see the finished car my self. Smile

7Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
ChristineFury wrote:Awesome.

Thanks Matt. Very Happy

8Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
Ben wrote:Great work!!!

Thanks Ben! Very Happy

9Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 pm

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
Crisy I am jujst so amazed at the great work you do. Man I wish I had your talent on the upholstery bit. cheers

10Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:44 am

318Fins

318Fins
Administrator
Administrator
Wow very nice Christina ,that fabric combo looks great! Smile

11Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 am

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
fins318 wrote:Wow very nice Christina ,that fabric combo looks great! Smile

Thanks Carlos. I had a hard time coming up with a pattern that would pick up a little on Christine's doors. The four door panels that I found were kinda plain. Glad you like them. Smile

12Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 am

RacerRick

CCC Member
CCC Member
Very nice!

I will be doing seats and carpet soon also. Luckily my door panels are the right color and in good shape - just a little faded - so I can just re-dye them to bring the color back.

13Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:15 am

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
RacerRick wrote:Very nice!

I will be doing seats and carpet soon also. Luckily my door panels are the right color and in good shape - just a little faded - so I can just re-dye them to bring the color back.

Thanks Rick! You are lucky to have nice original panels. Would love to see how you bring them back to life. I've used vinyl maker to change car paint into vinyl paint. Worked so well that I was able to sew and work with it with no problems. Or is it the fabric that is faded on yours?

14Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 am

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
58plym wrote:Crisy I am jujst so amazed at the great work you do. Man I wish I had your talent on the upholstery bit. cheers

Embarassed tanks. Your talent is under the hood Bob. Making a car go fast is much more exciting then making it pretty.

15Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 am

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
Thanks Crisy, It would go just as fast with some of your beautiful inhterior Hee! Hee!

16Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm

John D

John D
CCC Member
CCC Member
Looks good, NICE JOB !

17Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
John it won't take you long to find out whatg a talented lady Crisy is. Smile

18Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:14 pm

ChristineFury

ChristineFury
CCC Member
CCC Member
Bobby is right and you should see her Christine pedal car too.

19Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Big M

Big M
Administrator
Administrator
You really do nice upholstery work, Chrissy!

That's one thing on a car I have never wanted to do by myself, I find it frustrating.

Keep up the good work!!

---John

20Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 pm

JessicaS

JessicaS
CCC Member
CCC Member
I am imagining your Christine carpet wall hanging... Hee! Hee!

Excellent job on both the panels and the carpet. You always seem so fearless when you dive into your projects. Much kudos and respect for that. Can't wait to see everything installed! Very Happy

21Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 am

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
I would really hate to see the first upholstery job I done. Sew and tear sew and tear. :cyclops:

22Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 pm

crazy58fury

crazy58fury
CCC Member
CCC Member
I have to say it, Chrissy you are AWSOME! You did an awsome job on the seats and on the carpet AND! the door panels! Cant wait to see your car finished!!!!!! Very Happy

23Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
John D wrote:Looks good, NICE JOB !

Hi John and welcome to the club. I like you already. Photobucket

24Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
Big M wrote:You really do nice upholstery work, Chrissy!

That's one thing on a car I have never wanted to do by myself, I find it frustrating.

Keep up the good work!!

---John

Thank you John. The interior is the only part that I didn't have to ask a dozen dumb questions to get it done. I need you and the other members to help me with every thing else.
Some of the things you do......I would never want to try. Smile

25Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:29 pm

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
Hey Crisy you like John Already

Door Panel Upholstery 0C7214081

It took you a lot longer to like me. Hee! Hee!

26Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
JessicaS wrote:I am imagining your Christine carpet wall hanging... Hee! Hee!

Excellent job on both the panels and the carpet. You always seem so fearless when you dive into your projects. Much kudos and respect for that. Can't wait to see everything installed! Very Happy

Photobucket I have the carpet on one wall of my bedroom and the seats setting against the other. Kinda feels like I'm sleeping in my car.

You wouldn't think I was so fearless if you seen me beating my head against the wall or slinging one of my tool's into the woods and having to go find it later. Rolling Eyes But you know it is fun doing it with the club instead of all alone. You'll see when you get time to start on one of your own car's. I have a feeling you know a lot more then I do about restoring one.

27Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
58plym wrote:Hey Crisy you like John Already

Door Panel Upholstery 0C7214081

It took you a lot longer to like me. Hee! Hee!

Bob you know it was love at first sight when I met you. Hee! Hee!

28Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Carjunky

Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
crazy58fury wrote:I have to say it, Chrissy you are AWSOME! You did an awsome job on the seats and on the carpet AND! the door panels! Cant wait to see your car finished!!!!!! Very Happy

Photobucket

29Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm

58plym

58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
Hee! Hee! I know Crisy I know just wanted to hear you say it

Door Panel Upholstery ATT14327799999-1

30Door Panel Upholstery Empty Re: Door Panel Upholstery on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:03 pm

JAG

JAG
Administrator
Administrator
wow chrissy your car is going to look great, i like that you made your own design it looks great im sure if you were around when they were making the design they would have thrown theres out and used yours for the new pattern. very creative.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum