» The Depth of His Love
Free Indeed EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Free Indeed EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Free Indeed EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Free Indeed EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Free Indeed EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Free Indeed EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Non Automotive Off Topic Section » CCC Fellowship In Christ » Free Indeed

Free Indeed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Free Indeed Empty Free Indeed on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:43 am

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Many people are in prison and don't even know it - self-made prisons of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, sexual immorality, greed, hypocrisy, envy, pride, unbelief, and the list goes on and on. They think they're free when actually they're ensnared by the devil. ...having been taken captive by him to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:26b. That's exactly the situation I was in before the Lord opened my eyes to the truth and set me free in Christ.

People were no different during Jesus' earthly ministry. The Jewish people had been oppressed under Roman occupation for almost a century. Before that, they'd been dominated by Greece, Persia, Babylon, and Assyria - not to mention Egypt! Yet, when pressed to embrace spiritual freedom in Christ,  They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. John 8:33a

Religious pride is perhaps the most subtle prison of all. Today, church going people proudly say "I am a Catholic, I am a Methodist, I am a Baptist"...etc. etc. But the real question is...do we personally know Christ? We think we're spiritually free while remaining what we all are by nature - slaves of sin. Let's identify ourselves first and foremost...as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ...set free of sin by the grace of God through Christ's death, burial and ressurection!

Insight: Only Jesus Christ can set sinners free to become "willing slaves of righteousness." Are you willing? (Please click on the link below to read Romans 6:15-23 so you can fully understand this profound statement).

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+6%3A15-23&version=NIV

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Please help me to abide in the truth, which is Your Word, so I can know Christ. Only because of Your grace, I understand that...to know Christ is to be free indeed! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

2Free Indeed Empty Re: Free Indeed on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:03 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine

CCC Member
CCC Member
Great Scripture reading. Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum