» The Depth of His Love
Scars for a New Beginning EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Scars for a New Beginning EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Scars for a New Beginning EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Scars for a New Beginning EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Scars for a New Beginning EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Scars for a New Beginning EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Christine Car Club » Non Automotive Off Topic Section » CCC Fellowship In Christ » Scars for a New Beginning

Scars for a New Beginning

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scars for a New Beginning Empty Scars for a New Beginning on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:34 pm

furvedere

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe. John 20:27

One detail in the Easter story has always intrigued me. Why did Jesus keep the scars from His crucifixion? After He appeared to the apostles, He told Thomas "to put his hand into His side...and to stop doubting and believe." Presumably He could have had any resurrected body He wanted, and yet He chose one identifiable mainly by scars that could be seen and touched. Why?

I believe the story of Easter would be incomplete without those scars on the hands, the feet, and the side of Jesus. Human beings dream of pearly straight teeth, wrinkle-free skin and ideal body shapes. We dream of an unnatural state: the perfect body. But for Jesus, being confined in a skeleton and human skin was the unnatural state. The scars are a permanent reminder of His days of confinement and suffering on our planet.

From the perspective of heaven, those scars represent a very horrible, yet great event. This horrible yet great event also allows us to have a horrible or great destiny. It will be horrible if we choose to go our own way...but great if we believe and become a follower of Jesus Christ!

Even that event, though, turned into a memory. Because of Easter, we can hope that the tears we shed, the struggles we endure, the emotional pain, the heartache over this trouble-filled life, lost friends and loved ones—all these will become memories just like Jesus’ scars. Scars never completely go away, but neither do they hurt any longer. If we believe and become followers of Christ we will eventually get re-created bodies and a re-created heaven and earth. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Rev. 21:4.

Insight: Christ’s resurrection is the guarantee of our own resurrection. Let's remember His scars for our new beginning!

Reader's Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for the hope that the resurrection of Jesus brings—for now and for eternity. I put my trust in You today because I want to have a great destiny; eternal life in heaven with You! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers

2Scars for a New Beginning Empty Re: Scars for a New Beginning on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Bloodhound1958

Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Amen!

https://www.christinecarclubforum.com

3Scars for a New Beginning Empty Re: Scars for a New Beginning on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 am

ozoner

ozoner
CCC Member
CCC Member
Amen

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum