The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Scanned Plymouth materials
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 am by Christinefan824

» The Depth of His Love
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am by goat19642004

» It's Time to Find My Car
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am by HeliPilot71

» A Stone in Your Shoe?
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm by furvedere

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am by Christine Van

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Time is Short
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am by goat19642004

» If Christine had not played I Wonder Why
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 am by Christinefan824

» Hell Hath No Fury Like Her: The Making of Christine by Lee Gambin
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:53 am by Christinefan824

» Speedometer pinion gear
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 am by 58belvedere

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Share | 

A Stone in Your Shoe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain
furvedere

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A Stone in Your Shoe?   Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:24-29

Have you wrestled at times with unbelief? I’ve had doubts about Jesus, especially after I lost my beloved wife...a mere 15 months ago. Is He really here? Does He really care? Sometimes we’re buffeted about by storms and, like Peter, we falter because of our weak faith. Matthew 14: 22-31 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+14%3A22-31&version=NKJV

Other times, like Thomas, we want proof that Jesus has risen from the tomb and lives. One day when I was at the hospital, as my wife was receiving chemo treatments...fighting for her life, I met an Amish couple who were going through a similar fight. His wife had leukemia as well. We had a wonderful talk about the Lord and our Christian faith. They let me know they loved Jesus, too. Amid their own trial, their faith was rock solid. Those fellow travelers encouraged me with their affirmation of faith in Jesus Christ, the One we need.

Do you have doubts? They pop up unexpectedly and then pester you like a stone stuck in your shoe. It’s hard to keep walking with that irritation underfoot, just as it is hard to keep believing when doubts arise. Stop on the trail where you are and get the stone out; throw your doubts aside. You may not be able to place your hands in His side or see the nail holes in His hands, but by His presence in our lives and in others, Jesus assures us of His unfailing love.

Insight: You are not alone; all of us doubt sometimes. Call on the Lord and pray for faith in Him for the times of unbelief. And remember this dialogue between Jesus and Peter the Apostle in John 6:67-69. Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?” But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Reader's Prayer: Dear God, Help me with my doubt and unbelief. Help me to remember that Jesus holds the words of eternal life. In His Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

A Stone in Your Shoe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-